RECREATION THERAPIST – Omaha, NE (posted 5-18-17)
Seeking a full-time Recreation Therapist to collaborate with other team professionals and support staff to assure coordinated patient care. This individual will serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive recreational and health enhancing activities consistent with the mission, vision, and values of CHI Health. This position will have contact with internal and external customers including ancillary departments, physicians, family members, and community.
Job Summary / Essential Duties:
• Assesses patients upon admission according to specific program policies and procedures.
• Formulates and implements Therapeutic Recreation Treatment programs according to individual patient needs as determined by evaluations and assessments. Develops treatment plans to include goals, objectives and methods to achieve the same within time frame designated and methods to achieve the same within time frame designated in the unit specific Policies and Procedures manual.
• Administers quality treatment modalities for both individuals and groups.
• Communicates verbally or in written form to treatment teams regarding patient’s assessment, progress, or evaluations.
• Fosters an open climate so that effective communications between Therapeutic Recreation staff and other departments can take place.
• Works collaboratively with physicians and the Board of Mental Health for patients in our psychiatric intensive care unit
Education / Licensure:
• Minimum of 360 hours in a Therapeutic Recreation Internship program, preferred.
• Educational equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or with an emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation. Board Certified or certification eligible through NCTRC, preferred.
• BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire.
• CPI Certification to be obtained within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Demonstrated clinical therapeutic recreational skills and of Therapeutic Recreation equipment.
• Good interpersonal skills; with patients and co-workers.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and written and verbal communication.
• Ability to drive hospital bus/vehicles (chauffeur’s license).
For more information, visit http://www.chihealth.com and click the Career Opportunities tab or contact Robin Bierman at 402-717-1970 or via email at email@example.com.
Expressive Recreational Therapist (posted 2-6-16)
We are hiring at Linden Oaks- Edward- Elmhurst Health Systems! We have registry openings for qualified Expressive recreational therapist. Please go to the link below and enter job number 19164 for the complete job description and qualifications. Interested candidates can apply online or contact the LOH recruiter: Teri Piper, firstname.lastname@example.org://www.eehealth.org/careers
RECREATION THERAPY MANAGER (posted 1-11-16)
Within 18 months, St. Camillus, a premiere retirement community in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, is building an 81-bed premier assisted living memory care program on our campus, an exciting addition to our existing CBRF program. To meet the unique needs of these residents, we’re seeking a Recreation Therapist with:
- 3+ yrs experience in a comparable setting
- degree from an accredited Recreation Therapy program
- thorough understanding of approaches to meet psycho-social & recreational needs of the elderly & those with dementia
- excellent interpersonal communication skills
- previous experience using MSOffice (Word, Excel, Outlook) & e-charting software
- valid WI driver’s license & access to vehicle
- previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Plans, organizes & implements a program of activities to meet psycho-social needs of assisted living residents, individualized to meet each person’s capabilities & goals, as well as spiritual, social, recreational, & emotional needs.
- Supervises recreation therapy staff in carrying out scheduled programming.
- Assesses each resident upon admission, re-admission, or change of condition to ascertain physical, cognitive & psychosocial needs.
- Completes individualized service plan for each resident based on his/her assessment and social history as well as personal interests.
- Participates in interdisciplinary resident service plan conferences.
- Communicates facility programs to residents, staff, family and volunteers through monthly activity calendar, resident visits, and other means as necessary.
We offer competitive salary & benefits including: health, dental & vision insurance; generous paid time off; retirement plan with employer match; child daycare subsidy; tuition assistance; along with a beautiful work environment. For more information or to apply, check out the Careers page at www.stcam.com. St. Camillus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Memory Care Manager (posted 10-30-15)
Full Time (must be able to work weekends and one holiday per year, if required)
Brookdale Hoffman Estates Golf Rd - 2150 W Golf Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Job #: 042421
A career with Brookdale has never been more rewarding! Brookdale is the only national full-spectrum senior living solutions company and committed to providing the best options for our over 110,000 residents we serve. The services that we offer ensure residents continue to live the lives that they want while also meeting all of their needs along the way. Every day our associates collaborate to guarantee this promise is fulfilled in more than 1,150 communities in 47 states. Our Senior Living Solutions include: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Continuing Care Retirement, Therapy, Hospice, Home Health, and Personalized Living.
More than a company, it is a calling.
Key responsibilities include:
* Overseeing the Clare Bridge (Memory Care) Unit, Residents and Staff
* Providing training and coaching to Associates in all aspects of the Memory Enhancement and Clare Bridge Program
* Overseeing the implementation of Brookdale’ s Clare Bridge Program guidelines
* Planning, coordinating, and facilitating programs
* Strengthening local community involvement through promotion of volunteerism among members of the community and residents families
* Ensuring that resident's lives are maintained by providing activities and daily care
At Brookdale, you will enjoy a rewarding career with a forward thinking company while receiving an impressive portfolio of benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including • Major Medical • Dental• Vision• Flexible Spending Account • Short-term Disability • Long-term Disability • 401(K) with Company Match • Life Insurance • Tuition Reimbursement • Paid Vacation & Holidays • Continuing Education • License Reimbursement
We seek the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, or Therapeutic Recreation
* 1 year of experience with senior care
* Experience with residents with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias in a residential setting preferred
* Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
* Flexibility with schedule - evening, weekend and some holiday hours
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
Please visit www.brookdalecareers.com to apply for this position.
If you are a Brookdale Associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
Recreational Therapist for New Hope of Indiana (posted 8-19-15)
Responsibilities include: the provision of recreation services for people with disabilities or illnesses. They may use a variety of techniques, including arts and crafts, drama, music, dance, sports, games, and field trips. The recreational therapist is responsible for providing holistic, purposeful interventions specifically designed to meet the capabilities, needs, and interests of the individual being served through the Therapeutic Recreation program. The recreational therapist performs all functions consistently with the Core Values. The recreational therapist must be willing to use personal vehicle, work independently, as well as possess good communication skills.
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Bachelor Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field, minimum of 1 year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
Interested and Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online at newhopeofindiana.org (click on Join our Team) and search using keywords Recreational Therapy
For general questions please call Kelly Manning at 317-338-4555 or Angela Reed at 317-338-4422
HR, Employment Coordinator
New Hope of Indiana, Inc.
Recreation Therapists (8-13-15)
Recreation Therapy at Hines VA Hospital in Hines, Illinois has two full-time positions open for Recreation/Creative Arts/Music Therapists in the long-term care setting. These positions provide service to the Community Living Center and the Long Term Care Spinal Cord Injury Unit. Starting salary range is $53,000-$58,400. Generous benefit package. Please contact Lisa at 708-202-2261 or email@example.com for application information.
Recreation Therapists (8-13-15)
We are hiring at Linden Oaks- Edward Hospital! We have some registry opening for an Expressive Recreational therapist.
Please go to go to the link below for the complete job descriptions and qualifications. The job number to put in is 18222. Interested candidates can apply online or contact me directly for more details on this and other behavioral health openings: Teri Piper, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreation Therapist (posted 7-8-15)
My name is Scott Alberts (CTRS) I have been working at the Illinois Veterans Home Quincy for 11 years now. I am excited to announce that a job bid has just been posted for an Activity Therapist position. The position has a competitive salary and full benefits and will be a full time position. Persons looking to fill this position will qualify by having a 4 year degree in Recreational Therapy and military background is not required but helpful. Application can be found at the our web-sight http://www.quincyivh.org/ Please contact our Personnel Office at 217-222-8641 extension 204 with questions
If your organization is interested in posting a job opportunity
on the ILRTA website, please contact Sheila Swann-Guerrero, email@example.com or 708-687-4396
Your job opportunity must be submitted in writing and sent
Job opportunities are posted for 4-week intervals.
Please inform us know if you would like the job opportunity
to be posted longer than the allotted time. This allows ILRTA
to maintain an updated employment opportunity list. Thank